Panthera’s Conservation Council is an expert advisory board that contributes to the direction of the organization and the implementation of Panthera’s mission.
The Council provides Panthera with actionable advice and guidance on fundamental topics relevant to the growth, development and success of Panthera, including:
- Increasing Panthera’s influence on public policy and access to decision-makers around the world.
- Assessing programmatic initiatives and activities.
- Increasing Panthera’s exposure in the media and enhancing the organization’s public profile.
- Expanding the base of funding sources and building long-term sustainability in fund-raising.
- Helping to build a broad-based and continually growing constituency for Panthera’s activities.
- Fostering a diverse network of partners, cooperators and allies that can assist with Panthera’s mission.
Members are selected by the Board of Trustees and senior management of Panthera. Appointees to the Conservation Council are chosen for their interest in Panthera’s mission combined with their specialist expertise and skills that complement the abilities of the Board and Staff to execute Panthera’s mission.