Our Privacy Pledge
Panthera collects the following information from you:
- Mailing Lists. When you sign up to any of our mailing lists, your email address and other contact information that you provide to us. We will also collect email addresses and other contact information provided by you as part of your use of the features and functions of the website, including email addresses and other contact information provided by you as part of our “send to a friend” functionality. By submitting an email address and other contact information you consent (or warrant that the owner of such email address and other contact information has expressly consented) to being placed on our mailing lists and thereby receiving e-mail and other correspondence from Panthera, including newsletters, event advertisements, and website updates. You may remove your e-mail address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail from Panthera. Although Panthera will promptly remove your e-mail address from its mailing list, you may still receive any e-mails that are initiated before your e-mail address is removed from the list.
- Donor Information. If you donate to Panthera or any of the causes supported by Panthera, we collect the contact and other information provided by you and necessary for us to receive and manage your donation. Panthera uses third party providers for the purposes of collecting donations online. If you provide your donation using one of our third party providers, they will provide us with access to all of the information provided by you. We may use information that you provide as part of your donation to deliver to you information about our organization (including signing you up to any of our mailing lists).
- Logfiles and other website tracking information. As part of your use of the website Panthera collects non-personally identifiable information about you through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL.
- Other collections. From time to time, we may also ask you to provide certain non-personally identifiable information about yourself.
Use of Information
- Providing our web site and other services
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our web site
- Protecting the rights of Panthera and other users
- Contacting you when necessary
Statement Panthera is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the web site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the web site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of Panthera. Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the web site, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the web site.
Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the web site, we do not condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the web site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information. Correcting/Updating Personal Information If your address or other personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to use our service, we provide a way to correct, update or request the deletion of the personal information you provided to us. This can be done by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from our partners and/or from us by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete name, address and e-mail address.